Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A cold beautiful April day in New Paltz

It punctuates several days of comings and goings.

A mother fox and five young foxes hanging out in a neighbor's driveway.

Another neighbor moves out and a new one starts moving in.

An old New Paltz friend, from the heavyweight division of college drinking pals, pays a visit for the weekend along with his old girlfriend from college who he hasn't seen for maybe longer than he hasn't seen me. He has become an incredibly successful stock broker, looks almost exactly as he did 30 years ago, and still plays in a rock band. Drives a luscious BMW SUV that I compared to the F-22 Raptor.

We have dinner at 36 Main and everyone is happy with the food except me, so I defer to their judgement. I think I ordered something I was destined not to like.

My old creative writing professor who is now a neighbor downaways here on Squirrel Kill Alley stops by. He is graciously reading my book while he nervously waits for his own to be published. You'll hear about it here when it's available.

And I start this new blog, New Paltz Journal: The Local Edition. Have a lot of ideas for it, but it always comes down to time, time, time. Man, can I waste it and/or burn it up doing this and that.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: